Geisinger’s Cardiac Imaging Technology Lab in the Department of Imaging Science and Innovation is seeking candidates for Post-doctoral Fellow to help drive its cutting edge translational research at the intersection of advanced cardiac imaging, genomics, and big data.
A successful candidate will be an experienced post-doctoral researcher seeking continued growth and development as an independent biomedical scientist. This position provides that opportunity with a specific focus on cardiovascular imaging research. This individual will be responsible for conducting and managing a number of defined research projects in collaboration with and under the supervision of an Imaging Science investigator (PI).
Current areas of interest for this research include quantification of cardiac structure and biomechanics from prospectively acquired advanced medical imaging (MRI) in relation to human health and disease; the integration of medical imaging and cardiogenomics to better characterize and diagnose inherited cardiomyopathies; and using machine learning to build predictive models of heart disease. These projects also leverage world-class data resources at Geisinger (Electronic Health Records, genomic sequencing, and imaging databases) to address translational and precision health problems in cardiology
Educational Requirement: Ph.D. (Engineering, Biomedical Science, Computer Science, or related fields)
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
1. Ability to complete specific objectives of funded external grants, gather preliminary data for grant preparation, and (at the discretion of the supervising scientist) contribute to the preparation of new grant submissions.
2. Ability to acquire and maintain active understanding of literature pertinent to ongoing research projects in order to appropriately interpret findings and develop new protocols.
3. Ability to engage and communicate with research participants—including Geisinger patients—in a professional and caring manner.
4. Ability to develop rigorous experimental plans, reproducibly collect data, and analyze results.
5. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate research findings and conclusions through written, visual, and verbal media, particularly peer-reviewed publications.
6. Ability to test developed algorithms and ensure the validity of all analyses.
7. Ability to maintain and complete records of the purpose, methods, results, and conclusions from all studies and maintain documentation of all developed algorithms.
8. Ability to actively participate in research meetings to present, explain, discuss, and critically evaluate research conducted by the laboratory or department.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.