Registered Nurse Structural Heart Coordinator AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
1. Performs nursing assessments on patients by collecting health data and determining specific health needs including psychosocial evaluation; renders nursing judgments which adhere to accepted health practice; coordinates services and tests to promote continuous comprehensive evaluation and care; initiates and modifies treatment regimens in accordance to limits specified by Florida Nurse Practice Act and/or with approved standardized procedures.
2. Documents assessments, evaluations, recommendations, consultations, and other pertinent information in the patient’s medical records.
3. Coordinates the referral, screening, additional patient testing requirements, consult appointments and hospital-based procedures. Facilitates communication with cardiovascular surgeons and cardiologists, including referring physicians regarding patient eligibility and clinical status.
4. In acute care environment, collaborates with the nursing staff and educators, case managers and outpatient services to ensure prompt movement of patients along the continuum of care. Provides professional education to clinical team members in the advanced techniques and care of patients receiving specialized interventions.
5. Facilitates the progression of the valve procedure patient and assist with preparing the patient and family. Provides follow-up care per pre-determined clinic intervals, documents patient status and communicates ongoing patient condition to physicians during follow-up care.
6. Collaborates with an interdisciplinary cardiovascular health care team in planning, implementing and evaluation ongoing care programs and education for the patients, families, care givers and community.
7. Program development and ongoing program maintenance for program to meet ever-changing business climate of AdventHealth Tampa. In conjunction with physicians and program director, development may include but is not limited to:
clinical care forms
patient flow charts
patient and physician professional communication tools
clinical care protocols
patient data tracking methodology
program goals and outcomes reporting
8. Provide community physician outreach and education using nursing experience and networking in conjunction with physician leadership to build referral program within AdventHealth’s expanding markets.
9. Development and review of all policies and procedures affecting nurse practitioner duties. Follows regulatory requirements, adheres to National Patient Safety goals and complies with facility policy, protocols and procedures.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned in a professional manner.
What You Will Need:
Education and Licensure:
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current FL licensure as a RN
Completion of an accredited program for nurse practitioner, Master’s degree in nursing, and certification as a nurse practitioner with current FL licensure as an APRN.
Current ACLS certification is required.
Provider number (NPI) is required.
Eligible to apply for and furnishing a DEA license to prescribe medications within approved standardized procedures.
This position provides advance practice nursing care across the continuum of care services related to patients that present with valvular disease that may require a broad spectrum of advanced surgical or interventional treatment and services. This position may be involved in research clinical trials, patient and professional educational programs and patient follow-up. Emphasis is on the team approach. The role of the structural heart nurse practitioner will evolve over time to meet the needs of the patients and of the advanced valvular disease cardiovascular team. These functions will be performed in accordance with the approved standardized procedures.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.