Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019392
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full time ABA board certified/eligible Pediatric Anesthesiologist. Academic rank, compensation and appointment track will be based on qualifications and experience.
- Collegial team of 5 Academic Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiologists dedicated to the highest quality of pediatric patient care
- Work in a center with a dedicated heart center, NICU with a large referral area and a growing MFM center. Clinical focus includes heart failure, assist devices and transplant.
- Practice at the award-winning University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital in a large metropolitan area with over 3 million people.
- Protected academic time to pursue educational, quality, service, or research interests with supporting infrastructures.
- The department offers a strong family and team environment, and commitment to clinical excellence, and outstanding training for our 40 residents, 10 fellows, and medical students.
- We offer a faculty development program including formal mentorship.
- We are committed to fostering an environment of diversity, inclusiveness, equal opportunity, and are proud to have one of the first Women in Anesthesiology chapters.
- The Twin Cities offers a strong, diversified economy, excellent education system, and a high quality of life that can be enjoyed during all four seasons. It's a great place to live, work and raise a family.
University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital
In 2022, three medical specialties at University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital ranked on U.S. News & World Report's annual "Best Children's Hospitals" list--more than any other children's hospital in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. This is the 14th consecutive year that our hospital has received national honors from U.S. News & World Report. The children's hospital features the Twin Cities' widest range of pediatric specialists and 254-staffed beds.
About the Department:
Here in the Department of Anesthesiology, we are driven to eliminate pain, improve patient outcomes and train the next generation of anesthesiologists. Our department cultivates a culture of inquiry, where best medical practices are determined through clinical and scientific methods as well as translational investigation.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Anesthesiology residency and/or fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the ABA.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to work in the United States.
An application for the corresponding academic component of this position should be submitted through University of Minnesota employment site via the following link: Anesthesiology Faculty Physician
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(3)(C) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Information about benefits of working at the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians can be found at https://humanresources.umn.edu/benefits & https://mphysicians.org/careers.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system. www.mhealth.org
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations. www.umn.edu
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and an international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.